Thursday, October 8, 2015

As the Seasons Change

I thought at first that I would have a pretty easy time on the clothes front. I don't enjoy clothes shopping, you know, so I figured I'd be pretty safe from temptation on that front. But now the weather is starting to cool, and as the seasons change, I am realizing something... I have next to no winter pants. I have... 1 pair of jeans that fit (and 1 pair of jeans that I am hoping to shrink into... ever the dreamer...) and 2 pairs of shockingly holey leggings. In addition to 2 pairs of just-past-the-knee length yoga pants, I will admit. But this isn't exactly wear on the go type stuff, people. So I am counting the pair of jeans and the perforated leggings. 3 things. 3. Oh dear.

I thought I had so many more cold weather clothes than this... what happened? I'll tell you. My cold and warm weather wardrobes are shockingly out of balance. In the warmer months, my preferred leg covering is skirts. Shorts just don't cut it for me, man. I don't have the legs for them. Skirts are breezy, comfy, and cute. And I have several of them. So I do ok on the bottom half... on the top, I have a very few not really exciting t shirts or tank tops. As for cold weather... I have a fairly impressive (for me) amount of sweaters, cardigans, long sleeve shirts... you know the drill, but as we have discovered, a pitiful amount of lower body coverage.

So when I looked to see how I was doing in the cold weather clothes department, my too-few shirt self just looked at all the wonderful torso and arm coverings and said "This is cake! I am totally set! We're good!" completely forgetting that I have legs that can also get frostbitten.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some leggings to patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment